IT interviews are very similar to other interviews. Employers will ask you questions on both your technical and soft skills. They want to ensure that the individual they hire will not only be capable in doing the job, but also capable of interacting with others, colleagues and clients. Be prepared to answer questions related to your interpersonal skills, how you perform in a team setting, and your ideal work environment.
As you explore new opportunities, you need to continuously update your skills and knowledge. Be very proficient in programs and technologies you are familiar with, and acquire more skills in those you are not confident about.
Be prepared to answer some of the most common IT interview questions, such as:
- What do you do to maintain your technical knowledge?
- What technical websites do you follow?
- How do you keep current on this industry?
- How do you troubleshoot IT issues?
- What languages are you most experienced in?
- What languages do you feel the need to further develop on?
- What is the biggest IT challenge you have faced and how did you handle it?
For more examples of IT interview questions, we encourage you to read through the following articles by InfoWorld and PluralSight.